Soldotna is a beautiful, vital, growing city with a lot to offer to residents and visitors alike. In the summer check out our elevated boardwalks, river fishing, camping, canoeing, wildlife viewing, bike trails, and hiking.
In the winter, you can enjoy world-class ski trails, snow machining, snow shoeing, or ice skating at our Olympic-size hockey rink.
The Soldotna Sports Center and Soldotna Public Library offer a variety of year-round events and activities that bring our community together. More about the history of Soldotna
Notice to City Water Customers
Please be advised that the City of Soldotna Utility Department will be flushing the water mains from October 6 through October 15, 2014, weekdays from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. This is an annual maintenance procedure to maintain and improve the water quality. You may experience low water pressures of up to 30 minutes.
As a result of the flushing and cleaning you may experience a temporary water discoloration. If this occurs, please let your cold water run until it clears up. If you have any questions, please call the Utility Department at 262-4205.
P&Z Meeting Cancellation and Special Meeting Notice
The regular meeting of October 22, 2014 has been cancelled.
A special meeting has been scheduled for Tuesday, October 28, 2014 at 5:30 p.m. to hold a public hearing and consider the following:
- PZ Resolution 2014-029, A Resolution of the Planning and Zoning Commission of the City of Soldotna Granting a Request for a Conditional Use Permit for the Development of a Day Care Facility Located at 104 N. Kobuk Street, Soldotna, AK.
The next regular meeting of the Soldotna Planning & Zoning is scheduled for November 5, 2014 at 5:30 p.m.
Board and Commission Vacancy
The City of Soldotna has a number of City Board and Commission seats available for appointment or re-appointment. Soldotna Board & Commission members are appointed by the Mayor and confirmed by City Council.
Seats currently vacant for remainder of terms:
- Library Advisory Board Seat B – this appointment will serve the balance of a term ending on 12/31/2015. (Applicant must reside within Soldotna City Limits. Meetings are held the third Monday of odd numbered months at 5:15 p.m. in the Council Chamber at City Hall, 177 N. Birch Street, Soldotna, Alaska.
Seats becoming vacant in December, new 3-year terms will begin January 1st.
- Airport Commission - Two Seats (Seats C & E) – these appointments will serve a 3-year term ending on 12/31/2017. (Applicants must reside within Soldotna City Limits; however, do not need to be an airport user). Meetings are held the third Thursday of even numbered months at 5:30 p.m. in the Council Chamber at City Hall, 177 N. Birch Street, Soldotna, Alaska.
- Library Advisory Board – Two Seats (Seats C & D) – these appointment will serve a 3-year term ending on 12/31/2017. (Applicants must reside within City limits). Meetings are held the third Monday of odd numbered months at 5:15 p.m. in the Council Chamber at City Hall, 177 N. Birch Street, Soldotna, Alaska.
- Parks & Recreation Advisory Board – Two Seats (Seats B & E) – these appointment will serve a 3-year term ending on 12/31/2017. (One seat requires that the applicant reside within City limits; one seat allows that the applicant may reside outside City limits). Meetings are held the first Thursday of February, May, August and November at 5:30 p.m. in the Council Chamber at City Hall, 177 N. Birch Street, Soldotna, Alaska.
- Planning & Zoning Commission – Three Seats (Seats B, F & G) – these appointment will serve a 3-year term ending on 12/31/2017. (Two seats require that the applicant reside within City limits; one seats allows the applicant to reside outside of City Limits) [Financial Disclosure Statement required, AS 39.50] Meetings are held the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month at 5:30 p.m. in the Council Chamber at City Hall, 177 N. Birch Street, Soldotna, Alaska.
To apply, fill out an application and submit with a letter of interest to Mayor Anderson, c/o City Clerk, 177 N. Birch Street, Soldotna, AK 99669. Deadline to apply is December 2, 2014. Applications are available online at www.ci.soldotna.ak.us or can be picked up from the City Clerk at the above address. For further information on city boards and commissions, contact the Clerk’s Office at 907-262-9107.
PAY YOUR UTILITY BILL
INVITATION TO BID
SAFE ROUTES TO SCHOOL
RECREATION & TRAILS
SEARCH PUBLIC RECORDS
The City of Soldotna is now on Facebook!
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
177 North Birch Street
Soldotna, AK 99669
8:00am - 5:00pm